Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit Categories Event

Vote:

Is there an event that fires after editing category relations for a product/variant? The SavedContent event handler doesn't fire after editing caetgories.

Jun 29, 2017 2:20
Vote:

Hi,

For catalog content, please take a look at CatalogEventHandler. More specificly in your case, it might be RelationsUpdated event that you're looking for.

Regards,

Bien Nguyen

Jun 29, 2017 10:46
Vote:

I will take a look. Thanks!

Jun 29, 2017 16:39
Vote:

Hi,

We used the CatalogEventHandler to detect relation changes and it worked well in the version 10.5.1.0.

After upgrading to 11.1.1.0, that event (OnRelationsUpdated) is triggered for all the products of a category when we are actually updating only one relation (https://www.screencast.com/t/mq1MB5r4N all products directly linked to "Fat Bike" category would get updated when we link that category to a new product in this scenario). Did something changed in the last version regarding events rising ? I tried to search through the release notes but couldn't find anything useful.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Aug 23, 2017 11:27
Vote:

It could have something to do with maintaining sort order within the category (e.g sort order of all products are updated to make room for the new one). But it doesn't sound like the desired behavior. I'll make sure a bug gets reported and we'll investigate.

Aug 23, 2017 12:45
Vote:

Magnus Rahl, is it possible to post here the bug tracking number please, so I can follow any changes on this area?

Thank you!

Aug 25, 2017 16:45
Vote:

It's COM-5251

It's not yet publicly visible, as we need to clean up things before making it public.

EDIT: I just edited the bug. Should be visible in 1 hour or so

Edited, Aug 25, 2017 17:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.