Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Question regarding Commerce Manager / Catalog

Vote:

Greetings.

This might be newbie questions, but I am struggling finding some definitive resources that can guide me in the proper direction so here goes with fingers crossed for forum-help :)

Anyways, I'm setting up a new EPiServer Commerce (version 10.5) and I'm trying to find a best practice for how to handle product data in question of my client.

I'm trying to get a handle on how to control and maintain products in the product catalog, and I'm somewhat confused about the dual interface approach between Catalog menu item the and Commerce Manager and it's Catalog Management.

Because it seems thoese two do not do the same when I work with MetaClasses and especially trying to handle Properties with Multiple Selectable Values.

Is Commerce Manager mainly a legacy interface and the Catalog interface the way to go forward or how are those two different, yet suplementing, interfaces connected to each other and which one should I prioritize?.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 20, 2017 11:53
Vote:

Hi,

We generally recommend the new UI (Which is called Catalog UI), as it's, well, newer, have better UX, and consistency. It's also easier when you want to cross edit, for example, drag and drop a product or node into a page.

The Catalog UI has one known limitation - as you pointed out - it does not support the StringDictionary type, yet. We have plan for that, but it will not happen anytime soon.

/Q

Apr 20, 2017 12:23
Vote:

Thank you for your reply.

Apr 20, 2017 12:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.