Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Remove "expired" serializable carts?

Vote:

Hi Commerce experts

I belive there was a scheduled job for removing expired carts using the old order system. Is this job also working with the new Serializable Carts?

And how are "expired" carts defined (and is it somehow customizable)?

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Anders

Mar 20, 2017 12:03
Vote:

Hi Andres,

Removing expired carts job works as expected with both legacy and serializable carts.

As default after 30 days, cart will be removed. And you could add setting for this in web.config, appsettings "ExpiredCartJobDays".

Regards,

/Son Do

Edited, Mar 20, 2017 15:48
Vote:

Hi Son Do

Thank you for your reply.

Just to be sure: The cart is removed 30 days after the Modified date?

Regards

Anders

Mar 20, 2017 21:37
Vote:

Hi Andres,

The cart will be removed 30 days after the Created date.

Mar 21, 2017 1:59
Vote:

Oh, that will not do for us. Our business requirememt concerns cleanup a number of days after the last modification date.

I guess we will have to implement our own scheduled job then.

Regards

Anders

Mar 21, 2017 11:26
Vote:

Just to clarify - in the old system it will check for Modified date, but in new cart system it'll check for Created time. Yes this is inconsistent and we'll fix it in the future - but just so you know.

Mar 21, 2017 13:26
Vote:

Hi Quan

Thank you for your clarification.

I will discuss this with our customer. They want us to remove carts 12 month after they have been used, so perhaps we should just use your current job. Since we haven't gone live yet, it will give you a year to change the job, and we don't need to implement this ourself.

Of course you can't promise that you have made the change in that timeframe, but on the other hand, we can wait perhaps half a year and then evaluate the situation again :)

Regards

Anders

Mar 21, 2017 13:30
Vote:

I like your solution - very practical and still statisfy the customer!

Mar 21, 2017 13:45
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.