Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Proper way to add users to commerce manager

Vote:

Hi

What is theproper way to add user to Commerce manager so that they can access it.

I have a SQL user and gave this user all roles but i still san´t access commerce manager. 

Some step by step guide would be nice

Thanks in advance!

May 27, 2016 14:41
Vote:

we have the latest version of commerce 9.16

May 27, 2016 14:42
Vote:

Hi,

What I just did:

- Register an user from front-end site.

- Go to CMS Admin, search for that user, then assign him to Administrators, WebAdmins and WebEditors

Then I can use that user to login to Commerce Manager with full access rights.

Not sure what steps did you take?

Regards,

/Q

May 27, 2016 17:04
Vote:

Hi!

I am in the same project as Pawel and I´m not able to create a working user for EPi Commerce.
I went through the following steps:

1. CMS Admin Mode, Under Access Rights -> Create user
2. Assigned the user to the Administrators, WebAdmins and WebEditors groups
3. Logged out from EPiServer
4. Went to the EPi Commerce login page and tried to login with the new user
 but recieved this message: "Login failed. Please try again"

Do you have any more suggestions?

Jun 07, 2016 10:26
Vote:

I just tried the same way and it worked for me. Did you make sure your CMS site and Commerce Manager site share the same membership configuration?

Here's mine:

<membership defaultProvider="CMSMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="10" hashAlgorithmType="HMACSHA512">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="MultiplexingMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider, EPiServer.Framework" provider1="SqlServerMembershipProvider" provider2="WindowsMembershipProvider" />
        <add name="WindowsMembershipProvider" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider, EPiServer" deletePrefix="BUILTIN\" searchByEmail="true" />
        <add name="SqlServerMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="CommerceDev" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
        <!-- ECF Start -->
        <add connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" applicationName="ECApplication" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" name="CMSMembershipProvider" type="Mediachase.Commerce.Customers.Profile.Providers.CustomerSqlMembershipProvider, Mediachase.Commerce" />
        <!-- ECF End -->
      </providers>
    </membership>
Jun 07, 2016 10:40
Vote:

along with those settings, double check the connection string also to make sure CMS and CM both are pointing to same db.
Regards
/K

Edited, Jun 07, 2016 12:39
Vote:

Thanks for quick response.
The membership configurations were indeed different. I made three different tries to set the same configuration in CMS site and the Commerce Manager site.

1. Copied the membership configuration from CMS Site to Commerce Manager Site
2. Copied the membership configuration from Commerce Manager Site to CMS Site
3. Copied your example to both sites

Unfortunately, none of these worked. I just receive the "Login failed. Please try again. " message. Is there any way to trace what´s going on?

(and I have also double checked the connection strings. Both sites are pointing to the same databases)

Edited, Jun 08, 2016 15:56
Vote:

Hi!

I work on the same project as both Björn and Pawel and have infact been able to get this to work by using the CMSMembershipProvider on both the site and in CM. The problem then is only that all registred users are lost since we move from SqlServerMembershipProvider to the CMSMembershipProvider. I think we can work around that issue though. 

I just don't understand why the SqlServerMembershipProvider won't work in CM. We are using a different provider type then what exists in Quan's example (System.Web.Providers.DefaultRoleProvider) but it is working on the site so why would that not work in CM?

As we can get this to work now I'm mostly interested as learning experience. 

Jun 23, 2016 9:42
Vote:

Hi, 

I am also interested in an answer for this, as we are implementing commerce to an existing Cms site and wan to keep the original cms SqlServerMembershipProvider. 

I guess I can do as QuickSilver example package and create my own login.aspx.cs override, but still good to get an official answer for this.

br

Per

Aug 16, 2017 14:25
Vote:

I got it to work by search and replace the applicationname to the one cms membership provider is using, E.g. search for ECApplication and you will find all the references. 

Aug 16, 2017 16:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.