Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error adding or updating PaymentMethod

Vote:

Hi all

I have just updated EPiServer and the Commerce Manager to the latest version using the NuGet packages.

No I'm seeing the error shown below, when I try to edit or add a new Payment Method.

This is a re-post from the EPiServer 7.5 CMS forum, but I guess it is more relevant for the Commerce forum (http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=80895&epslanguage=en).

2014-02-11 10:17:13,421 [12] ERROR ASP.global_asax - Backend encountered unhandled error.
System.ArgumentException: Cannot find a type of name Mediachase.Commerce.Orders.IPaymentGateway within the plugins or the common library.

Server stack trace:
at Mediachase.Web.Console.Common.RemoteLoader.GetSubclasses(String baseClass)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Mediachase.Web.Console.Common.RemoteLoader.GetSubclasses(String baseClass)
at Mediachase.Web.Console.Common.ReflectionHelper.GetClassesBasedOnTypeInSiteDir(Type assemblyType, String path)
at Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Order.Payments.Tabs.PaymentMethodEditBaseTab.BindClassNames()
at Mediachase.Commerce.Manager.Order.Payments.Tabs.PaymentMethodEditBaseTab.BindForm()
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Feb 11, 2014 10:25
Vote:

We have bug #111657 registered for this. It could not be reproduced on a later development version so perhaps you can update again (there was a patch for update 4 released a few days after it). If that is not enough it is currently being verified as fixed in update 5 which is released in the beginning of next week unless there are other blocking issues.

Feb 11, 2014 11:35
Vote:

Hi Magnus

Thank you for your reply.

I updated my codebase to the latest version of the NuGet packages from your NuGet repository last night. Are the patchs also available through NuGet, or must I get those somewhere else?

I would prefere to get my updates through the NuGet repository, so I think we will wait until next week. I managed to setup the providers in English in our development environment before updating, so as long as we do the development in English, everyting seems to be working :-)

Regards

Anders

Feb 11, 2014 12:16
Vote:

The NuGet feed is the place to look. The patch one I was thinking of was 7.5.446.1, as opposed to the original update 4 7.5.446.0 which had some dependency issues. But if you still experience the problem in 7.5.446.1 I hope it will be fixed in the next version which should hopefully be on the NuGet feed early next week.

Feb 11, 2014 13:31
Vote:

Hi Magnus

The NuGet package that I'm using is vesion 7.5.446.1, but the fileversion of the .dll files in the package is just 7.5.446.0.

I have added a custom PaymentGateway. I have tried to remove this, in case something was wrong with this gateway. It made no difference.

I get the error both when I try to update an existing paymentmethod or when I try to add a new method for a language that has no existing payment methods.

I also hope that you have fixed the bug in the next version.

Regards

Anders

Feb 11, 2014 21:53
Vote:

Hi,

With Patch 5 released you can try to uninstall patch 4 completely (in both EPiServer.CommerceManager and dependencies) then apply Patch 5 to see if it works.

Regards.

/Q

Feb 18, 2014 5:06
Vote:

Hi Quan

I will try this as soon as possible. However we are testing our solution at the moment, so it may be a few days before we are ready to try an upgrade of EPiServer.

Regards
Anders

Feb 18, 2014 11:45
Vote:

Hi,

The update on the issue can be found here:

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=81459&pageIndex=1#reply

Thanks & kind regards.

/Q

Feb 20, 2014 4:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.