Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalog events on load balanced environment (multiple frontends)

Vote:

Hi

Does Episerver Commerce support load balanced environments? I mean, our shop has two frontend servers, yet CommerceManager seems to have only one client endpoint for EventService (named "eventSvcEndpoint"). The EventService is used for catalog event propagation, e.g. frontend get's info when entry or node has been updated.

Here is a sample from the CommerceManager's web.config. As you can see, it's clear to define the endpoint for one server. But what about when you have multiple servers and you wish to keep them all in-sync?

<client>
 <endpoint name="eventSvcEndpoint" 
 	       address="http://WEBSERVER01/Services/EventService.svc" 
 	       binding="webHttpBinding" 
 	       behaviorConfiguration="EventServiceEndpointBehavior" 
 	       contract="EPiServer.Business.Commerce.IEventService" />
</client>
<behaviors>
  <endpointBehaviors>
    <behavior name="EventServiceEndpointBehavior">
      <webHttp />
    </behavior>
  </endpointBehaviors>
</behaviors>

Oct 31, 2013 22:01
Vote:

Out-of-the-box it does not.

Edited, Nov 01, 2013 11:26
Vote:

We have a loadbalanced shop, and did not experience a problem with this. The only thing we did is that we did not put WEBSERVER01 but shop.something.com for the endpoint address. When you have setup the eventservice correctly for the loadbalanced frontends, EPiServer takes care of the rest. Thta is my experience anyway. Hope this helps.

Nov 07, 2013 13:11
Vote:

It should be fine If you use global address rather to point on web01. e.g.

if www.abc.com in running on web01 and web02 then address="http://www.abc.com/Services/EventService.svc" should be used regardless commercemanager is installed only on one server or both servers. 

Regards
/K

Nov 07, 2013 15:33
Vote:

I have the exact same issue and EPiServer have confirmed that it is indeed not working across multiple servers. We have to wait for Commerce 7.5 for it to work where EPiServer apparantly will scrap the existing event system and go for the same event system that CMS uses. In our case we have to do the event system ourselves.

Using a "global address" will not change anything, the call to the wcf event service from commerce manager will only ever hit one server, namely the server the load balancer decides to route the request to if the frontend servers are load balanced. You can add several different endpoints to the client, but if you decompile the code you can see that it only works with one endpoint, hence one server.

Nov 18, 2013 14:13
Vote:

Any news on this front?

Apr 25, 2017 11:39
Vote:

Commerce is using the same mechanism with EPiServer.Framework.Events, so if Events works then it works. That's been this way since Commerce 7.5

Apr 25, 2017 12:20
Vote:

Just to make it very clear. Maybe a should start a seperate thread?

I want to setup 4 fronts and 2 backend
On the backend i want to run both the EPi CMS and the ECF (Commerce Mangager)
1. So, there should not be any problems to run Commerce Mgr in a Load balanced envo?
2. Is it possible to run Commerce Mgr in LB with Session DB or will there be some problems with serialization (don#t want to run sticky sessions)?

Edited, Apr 25, 2017 12:51
Vote:

Yes you should start a new thread.

Basically EPiServer CMS and Commerce Manager should be two separated site. Commerce Manager should be one site on its own. DO NOT install CM to an EPiServer CMS site, or vice versa.

Commerce Manager has known limitations regarding Load balacing/HTTPS setup, but that will be addressed in Commerce 10.6

I have no idea regarding Commerce Manager + LB + Session DB. Some other people might have tried that, but we haven't. 

Apr 25, 2017 12:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.