Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

No owin.Environment item was found in the context.

Vote:

I'm playing aorund with Epi and we decide to move over from Ektron or not.  

Everything was working just fine as I was trying to learn the basics like create page partials and blocks, and I was playing around by adding new entries in ~/business/rendering/templateCoordinator.cs  

I made a change ... saved and it worked.  I made another change and all the sudden I get this No owin.Environment item was found in the context.

I commented out all my changes to the templateCoordinator.cs and reverted it back to its original state... same error

This has something to do with the app startup, and I haven't touched anyhting in the web.config.   All I'm doing is playing around with the Alloy site, and I just created it from Visual Studio and am using IIS Express.  So everything is still really basic, and I'm not not even close to begining to play around with anything with owin.

The only thing I added to this project is EPiBoostrapArea, which I don't think would cause this error. 

Is there anything I can do to get this error to go away, or should I just scrap this install and just start again with another alloy site?

Jun 22, 2017 17:08
Vote:

Hi Valina,

Does it work if you set optimizeCompilations to false in web.config?

Jun 22, 2017 21:38
Vote:

That worked, thanks.

At least I can get back to playing around and breaking other things.  But at least i'm not waiting for Ektorn to reomplie with every code chage with this :)

I'm glad I'm running into oddities like this now, and not the day before we launch to production.

Jun 22, 2017 21:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.