Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Translating blocks

Vote:

I have a multi-langual website and I want it to look the same for all so I would create the English one that contains everything and the others will be only the translation of some of the blocks on the pages.

I've done it by having the  [CultureSpecific] tag on top of my block properties but not for my ContentArea inside the page which is working fine. 

I only have one problem. When a person wants to translate a page which does not exist on that language before, he cannot click on the blocks and edit them on the page. How can I do that?

To elaborate more, the page's content is shown to the eidtor, and since the content is not translated, it is empty for the viewers. The editor can select the blocks from the side panes and then translate them.

This is not good since finding the right block is hard, specially if it is a block shared withing some pages.

How can I fix it?

Do you know any other way that can improve the user's experience?

Edited, Apr 05, 2017 9:52
Vote:

Hi Ashkan,

Our GlobalLink Addon for Episerver can extract content recursively from blocks, and include it with the page content when submitted for translation via GlobalLink. 

Have a look at https://world.episerver.com/add-ons/globallink/ and let me know if you want more information?

Best regards,

Johan

Translations.com

Stockholm, Sweden

Apr 11, 2017 11:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.