Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Does episerver normally takes 30 to 50 minutes to start?

Vote:

When I run episerver using a copy of the production database from my laptop it takes betwen 30 to 50 minutes from the point when I click on the run button to the point where I see the page. 

This is causing a problem when we develop. On production it is not an issue because the servers have more RAM and CPUs. There it only takes 2 minues to start.

Is this 30 minute lag normal?

Should I develop in a version of the database with most of the data erased?

Thanks in advance

Aug 03, 2016 23:00
Vote:

No, of course not. The initialization modules should only scan and register content types and register dependencies. Do you have any custom initialization modules? What are in those?

Aug 04, 2016 8:12
Vote:

I have three initialization modules. I checked to see how long they took, and they execute rather quickly.

I am investigating where the slowdown is happening.

Aug 10, 2016 20:27
Vote:

The source seems to be some caching system that the consultants wrote.

Thanks so much for confirming that this was a problem and not normal operations in Epi. :)

Aug 10, 2016 22:53
Vote:

Update on this one. I finally figured out what was going on. It was the custom cached written by the contractors. They made a mistake, and for each content called, it was writing a record in the databsae. That is why it was taking so long.

Dec 13, 2016 21:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.