Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Media URL in Resource window?

Vote:

Hi!

I'm developing an EPiServer 7.5 site at the moment and I'm curious... Is there a way for editors to easily retrieve the URL of a specific media (ex. PDF or DOC) file in the Resource window (block/media etc. to the right)? In earlier versions (like 5 or 6) you were able to "open" a media file and then you could easily copy the URL. Now that's not an option... You can download the file but that won't show the URL in an obvious way. Thankful for help!

Mar 08, 2016 9:54
Vote:

Hmm, if my memory is correct there isn't. We created our own view where we showed the URL to the Media. Might have changed in later versions though.

Mar 08, 2016 10:20
Vote:

If you double click the file, so Episerver loads up the preview/editing of the file, you can get the url by clicking the option (publish if you've made changes) button and then 'Download the file' link. It will however download the file, but you can right click the link and copy the url.

Mar 08, 2016 12:03
Vote:

The same goes for pages, from the options button you can easily open the the page in a new tab or whatever. That's way easier than open up the global menu and then click the small globe.

Mar 08, 2016 12:05
Vote:

Thank you both! Your suggestion works very well indeed Johan :)

Mar 08, 2016 13:21
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.