Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dojo Editor Widget "value" missing after upgrade

Vote:

I'm having an issue with a custom dojo editor I created for a JSON-backed property. This property worked on EPiServer 8.11, but does not work after upgrading to latest (Currently 9.6.1).

Constructor of my custom widget  (Editor extends from dijit/_WidgetBase):

What we saw see in an old environment running EPiServer 8.11 (Value property):

What I see on version EPi 9.6.1:

I breakpoint in my editor descriptor to check for the value (to make sure this actually has a value in the database):

We can see the "gridConfiguration" is set in editor configuration as well as "initialValue" being set to appropriate JSON string. 

Did something change regarding passing the value through to the control via the constructor? I've attempted to implement value onChange functions, but none of those seem to be firing after the upgrade.

Feb 04, 2016 23:36
Vote:

I found this in the documentation for creating Editor Widgets (http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Editing/Creating-an-editor-widget/)

Hopefully either this is a bug and the value parameter is added back in, or the documentation is updated to reflect the new way of getting an initial value.

Feb 05, 2016 0:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.