Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Image Editor Access

Vote:

At my client, the user Role 'Editor' is permitted to import images in the Media Folders but only Administrators are allowed to save changes using the EPiServer Image Editor.

There is nothing specific in the project that explicitly refers to the Image Editor or assigns the use to Administrators.

In the client installation, an Editor, selects an image from the Media, selects the 'Open in Image Editor', changes the size, clicks 'Apply' and then 'OK'.  The Editor receives an alert "You do not have permission to perform this action".  Only Administrator role is allowed to save the edited images.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to look for the user roles and the ability to switch on/off the rights to save from the Image Editor?

Many thanks

Yannis

Sep 17, 2015 17:02
Vote:

Hi,

I think that when editor save media in Image Editor, then the content is saved and published (I not 100% sure about publish). Media is also a content just like pages and blocks.

You could add Content access rights for editors in admin mode.

Admin -> Set access rights

And then set access rights on root level of media. Child media should have "Inherit settings" flag enabled. Then name of root container could be different on your machine (in Alloy it's For All Sites)

Sep 17, 2015 20:24
Vote:

Many thanks Grzegorz.

This worked.  We added 'Publishing' to the folders that hold the images of interest. 

Sep 18, 2015 11:45
Vote:

Is there anyway around this issue other than giving the user publish permission? I want the editors to be able to crop images and save them unpublished.

Edited, Oct 03, 2016 19:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.