Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ISelectionFactory Issue

Vote:

I have a list of button classes that I am making a selectable property in my block control. Depending on the selection I would like that button class to inject into the view for that button. Code below.

The factory: These are common bootstrap buttons

public class ButtonSelectionFactory : ISelectionFactory
    {
        public IEnumerable GetSelections(ExtendedMetadata metadata)
        {
            return new ISelectItem[]
            {
                new SelectItem() { Text = "Default", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-default" }, new SelectItem() { Text = "Primary", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-primary" }, new SelectItem() { Text = "Success", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-success" }, new SelectItem() { Text = "Info", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-info" }, new SelectItem() { Text = "Warning", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-warning" }, new SelectItem() { Text = "Danger", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-danger" }, new SelectItem() { Text = "Link", Value = "btn btn-lg btn-link" }
            };

}
    }

My Button Block Class:

[ContentType(DisplayName = "ButtonBlock", GUID = "bc29dc00-46d4-48fc-8fdc-a7ffa2008313", Description = "")]

public class ButtonBlock : BlockData
    {
       [Display(Order = 1, GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
        public virtual string ButtonText { get; set; }

[Display(Order = 2, GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
        public virtual Url ButtonLink { get; set; }
        [Display(Order = 3, GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
        [SelectOne(SelectionFactoryType=typeof(ButtonSelectionFactory))]
        public virtual string ButtonType { get; set; }
    }

My Button View:

@using EPiServer.Web.Mvc.Html

@model MyEPiServerSiteMVC.Models.Blocks.ButtonBlock

m.ButtonText)>

@{
        var buttonText = string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(Model.ButtonText)
            ? Html.Translate("/blocks/buttonblockcontrol/buttondefaulttext")
            : Model.ButtonType;
    }
    @buttonText

When I replace @Html.EditAttributes with the actual name of the class the button shows. I have changed Model.buttonText to what you see now Model.ButtonType to try to capture what is being set for that property however it is running null. What step am I missing? Reference site

Jun 24, 2015 21:04
Vote:

If you take a look inside EditAttributes() method, it generates list of key/value pairs for EPiServer OnPage edit mode to understand which html element represents which PageType property. I haven't seen feature to add more than one EditAttributes() to the html element - to edit more than one PageType property.

Jun 25, 2015 5:34
Vote:

To make this a good experience for the editor I think I would create a ButtonWrapperBlock and make your ButtonBlock local only (with AvailableInEditMode=false). Something like this:

[ContentType(DisplayName = "ButtonLocalBlock", GUID = "bc29dc00-46d4-48fc-8fdc-a7ffa2008313", Description = "", AvailableInEditMode = false)]
public class ButtonBlock : BlockData
{
    [Display(Order = 1, GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
    public virtual string ButtonText { get; set; }

[Display(Order = 2, GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]
    public virtual Url ButtonLink { get; set; }

[Display(Order = 3, GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content)]    [SelectOne(SelectionFactoryType=typeof(ButtonSelectionFactory))]
    public virtual string ButtonType { get; set; }
}

[ContentType(DisplayName = "ButtonBlock", GUID = "3039ab13-4cdb-46bc-85a6-3910bc5e4819")]
public class ButtonWrapperBlock : BlockData
{
    [Display(Name = "Button")]
    public virtual ButtonBlock Button { get; set; }
}

Then your ButtonBlock view would look like this:

@model MyEPiServerSiteMVC.Models.Blocks.ButtonBlock

<a class="@Model.ButtonType" title="@Model.ButtonText" href="@Url.ContentUrl(Model.ButtonLink)">
    @(string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(Model.ButtonText) ? Html.Translate("/blocks/buttonblockcontrol/buttondefaulttext") : Model.ButtonText)
</a>

And your ButtonWrapperBlock view would look like this:

@model MyEPiServerSiteMvc.Models.Blocks.ButtonWrapperBlock

@Html.PropertyFor(m => m.Button)

This will lead to a popup dialog when the editor clicks the button and he/she can set all the button properties all together.

Jun 25, 2015 8:55
Vote:

Hello, Mattias Olsson

I have changed the markup in the class to @Model.ButtonType just before you posted this and my button is now showing up. I have implimented the wrapper as you have sugguested and I am getting nothing showing for my button in edit and as well as preview mode. I copied the code exactly. Is there something missing?

Jun 25, 2015 16:43
Vote:

Do you have these files?

/Views/Shared/ButtonBlock.cshtml
/Views/Shared/ButtonWrapperBlock.cshtml

And you have created a new instance of the new ButtonWrapperBlock? If yes, it's strange it is not working.

Jun 25, 2015 21:07
Vote:

I had buttonblock.cshtml in /views/blocks

and buttonwrapperblock.cshtml in /views/shared

so they both need to bein shared then?

Jun 26, 2015 20:07
Vote:

I now have both in shared.

This made two block types in the menu when creating a new block. I chose the wrapper. I entered the setting and the block displayed in my content area. Clicking on the block did not render a popup editor but instead the normal editor in it's own page. I am not using the alloy site but have started from an empy project.

Jun 26, 2015 20:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.