Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot set size of embedded YouTube iframe in TinyMCE

Vote:

I'm having a strange issue when trying to embed a YouTube-video via TinyMCE's embed media button.

When the embedded media is from YouTube, the size of the iframe is hardcoded to 425x350 and cannot be changed anywhere in the dialog. Other sources, e.g. Vimeo, work as expected.

Why is this? Am I missing a setting somewhere? 

The EPiServer version of this site is 8.3, but I've tested it in a 7.19 site too with the same behavior.

Jun 12, 2015 9:52
Vote:

I rarely use the embed functionality in TinyMCE so I haven't noticed it but just tested it and you're right, it's not possible to change the size. That's weird and it must be a bug. :) You can always set your own size in CSS and override it though, so if your content column is 500 pixels wide it would look something like this for a 16/9 video:

iframe[src*="www.youtube.com"] {
    width: 500px !important;
    height: 281px !important; // 500 * 0.5625 (9/16)
}
Jun 22, 2015 12:46
Vote:

I'm having this issue as well. Cannot change the dimensions of the video. When you change them they just revert back even if you manually change the HTML... 

This has to be a bug. Any work around? 

Sep 20, 2016 19:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.