Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export/Import Database

Vote:

I have two environments for my EPiserver CMS 8 project, the project is not in production yet:

- Local/development evironment. Here I've changed some pagetypes, some controller code and added one scheduled job .

- Stage environment, where some users are introducing some content for testing the Editor interface.

I want to update the stage environment with my changes on local environment, without loss of data in stage environment.

For now I'm publishing my visual studio solution to a local directory, and copying the files from local to stage environment.

Must I update the database too?, Must I Export data from stage database, and import it to new database?? 

How must I proceed?? Is there a step-by-step process guide somewhere on how do such updates from one environment to another????

Regards

Nov 13, 2015 11:54
Vote:

Pagetypes changes will be updated automatically by deploying new DLLs.

The scheduled job will be added automatically by deploying new DLLs.

If you have upgraded EPi locally and if you are on 8.7 or newer and have updateDatbaseSchema="true" these will also be performed automatically on startup.
http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/8/Deployment/automatic-schema-updates/

Content in the database will not be updated by any normal deployment step.

If you have prepared content on your local site you can use Export and Import function in Admin mode to copy it between environments.

Nov 14, 2015 8:06
Vote:

Thank you Johan for you answer.

The point of this post is to be sure that some content created with one page type, can safely be exported and imported to another database, with same page type slightly changed.

Is that right???

Regards.

Edited, Nov 16, 2015 9:14
Vote:

This scheduled task will be added automatically by the deployment of new DLL.

Mar 19, 2016 10:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.