Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Image Gallery For CMS 6

Vote:

Hi

I am trying to implement an image gallery, but am having little joy in doing so.  Does anyone have any good resources?  Ideally I would like to implement something along the lines of JQuery's JCarousel, although the actual gallery clearly isnt that important ;)  

Jan 09, 2012 11:50
Vote:

Jan 09, 2012 14:24
Vote:

I implemened the Jcarausel in image gallery.kindly look into this http://www.frederikvig.com/2010/04/creating-a-simple-image-gallery-with-episerver/

Jan 10, 2012 5:34
Vote:

Thanks Erik and Atul.  Am implementing epiImage at present - did look at Frederik's example, but I couldn't resolve the error where I was adding the dynamic content in the episerver.config file.  Get 'The Dynamic Content control type Gallery could not be loaded. Check the <dynamicContent> section in web.config'

Jan 10, 2012 15:19
Vote:

Regarding the dynamic content error, you'll have to make sure the namespace and assembly match your own. Also make sure to compile your code before you check the site.

Frederik

Jan 10, 2012 18:41
Vote:

Hi Frederik,

Sorry for the late response!  I have reverted back to your example, and have sorted the dynamic control against the correct namespace and assembly, but when i click the link alongside 'media folder', I get a 404 error, and when clicking 'link' i get [Missing Text /meridium.epcms/folderbrowser/clearconfirm for en] ?  Any pointers would be massively appreciated.  Thanks.

Feb 21, 2012 13:16
Vote:

My example uses the FolderBrowser picker by Meridium, make sure it's included in the project.

Frederik

Feb 21, 2012 13:19
Vote:

Thanks for reply Frederik.  I have both the meridium.folderbrowserproperty assembly (in my bin dir, and referenced too), and the folderbrowserdialog.aspx page,under root\meridium\folderbrowserproperty\dialogs\  included within my project?

Feb 21, 2012 15:09
Vote:

Should also be a language file for the FolderBrowserProperty

Frederik

Feb 21, 2012 15:11
Vote:

Yes, I also have the relevant xml files in my lang dir

Feb 21, 2012 15:17
Vote:

And you're still getting the same error message? [Missing Text /meridium.epcms/folderbrowser/clearconfirm for en]

Feb 21, 2012 15:18
Vote:

Am not getting the error [Missing Text /meridium.epcms/folderbrowser/clearconfirm for en] now when clicking 'path' (thanks for that), but still get the 404 error when clicking the button link for 'media folder' - the url is posted as http://localhost:6669/Meridium/FolderBrowserProperty/Dialogs/FolderBrowserDialog.aspx but the project is http://localhost:6669/Gallery so I would have expected to see http://localhost:6669/Gallery/Meridium/FolderBrowserProperty/Dialogs/FolderBrowserDialog.aspx as the posted url ?

Feb 21, 2012 15:30
Vote:

You're running the application as a virtual app in IIS? Might be that the path get's wrong because of that (since it tries to use the web application root)

Feb 21, 2012 15:32
Vote:

Yes, but not in IIS, just against VS's virtual server (cassini).  This is from an episerver project created through VS, not the deployment center.

You think I may have more luck copying over the files to the live intranet site that runs in IIS?

Feb 21, 2012 15:43
Vote:

Yep, should work there as long as you run it as a IIS web application and not virtual application.

Frederik

Feb 21, 2012 15:46
Vote:

Ok, thanks for all your help Frederik - will give that a shot tonight (outside of core hours).

Feb 21, 2012 15:48
Vote:

Hi Frederik,

having uploaded to main site, I am getting an exception when clicking media folder - "item must be either UnifiedFile or UnifiedDirectory".  Let me know if you want me to post the stack trace. Thanks

Feb 27, 2012 8:50
Vote:

How have you setup the media folder? Is it a VPP folder that you registered in episerver.config? Could you post the configuration from episerver.config?

Frederik

Feb 27, 2012 10:12
Vote:

Oh ok, that would explain a lot, as I have not set up the media folder to look in a specific starting location.  How do I go about that?  I haven't posted the config file, due to the length.  If I add a VirtualPath provider to my config file for the media folder, how do I associate the provider with media folder?  Thanks Frederik

Feb 27, 2012 10:34
Vote:

Do you have Global Files defined for your site? Could you test by pointing to a folder in Global Files that contains some images?

Frederik

Feb 27, 2012 16:08
Vote:

yes, I have global files defined for the site.  how do i go about manually pointing to the folder? Thanks.

Feb 28, 2012 10:20
Vote:

also, i have decided to create a new project, and run through the code again. The project builds ok, but when going to view my default page, I recieve the following error:

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. The following information may be a subset of the Type/LoaderException information present - inspect with debugger for complete view.
Check assemblies [Meridium.FolderBrowserProperty, Version=1.0.4441.16457, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null] and/or types [Meridium.FolderBrowserProperty.Helpers.ScriptHelper,
Meridium.FolderBrowserProperty.Web.UI.PropertyControls.PropertyFolderBrowser,
Meridium.FolderBrowserProperty.Web.UI.PropertyControls.PropertyMultiFolder]. Information from LoaderExceptions property [Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.,
Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.,
Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.].]
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.StaticInitialization(HostType hostType) +223
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +65
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +54
   EPiServer.Templates.Global..ctor() +28
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\591e02d6\e8cc82df\App_global.asax.4rdhwx9t.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +86
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +230
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +67
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +1051
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +111
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +215
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8913739
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

Any pointers would be massively appreciated.

Feb 28, 2012 10:56
Vote:

I think the assembly is blocked by windows 7, try and  right click the assembly, select Properties and click the Unblock button on the General tab.

Frederik

Feb 28, 2012 22:15
Vote:

Thanks Frederik, but the only attributes under the general tab are read-only and hidden (neither are selected).  There is no option to unblock.

Going back to the live system - how do I test against a folder created (that contains images) in the global files directory? Thanks.

Feb 28, 2012 22:43
Vote:

Just get the files form the folder

var rootFolder = System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory("path/to/global/files/folder") as UnifiedDirectory;

Then use rootFolder.Files property to get the files.  

Feb 28, 2012 22:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.