Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom TinyMCE toolbar icon not visible in edit mode

Vote:

I've added a custom TinyMCE toolbar icon, and set it to be available globally for the XHTML property type, as described here (http://www.meridiumkalmar.se/sv/blogg/2010/03/23/add-functionality-to-the-rich-text-editor-in-episerver-cms-6) . The new icon displays correctly in the screen where you select the available toolbar icons. Checked that the settings containing the new icon is set as default for TinyMCE.

When editing the XHTML field on a page, my new icon is not visible in the TinyMCE toolbar.

Any tips?

Sep 28, 2010 18:26
Vote:

Sep 29, 2010 8:10
Vote:

I've followed the same steps, and everything looks right up until the "Test the plugin" section of that article.

As I said, the icon is visible when I set custom settings on the XHTML property for my pagetype, but in edit mode only the two rows of "default" icons are visible. Scratching my head.

Sep 29, 2010 9:07
Vote:

Bah, the error was a typo in the PluginName attribute. Note to self: Must stop typing like a monkey.

Sep 29, 2010 10:59
Vote:

I have also created a new plugin but the problem is that the language text are not getting fetched... for e.g. if I have added elements in the tiny mce element's language file say <test><test_desc>blah...</test_desc></test> as specified in the link  http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/TinyMCE-Developers-Guide/ When I try to fetch using EditorManager.getLang("test.test_desc") It returns {#test.test_desc}... ALso I have added the same elements in the en.js file tinymce.addin{{en.test{test_desc:"blah"}}};

It returns the same value back... Kindly help...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

S.K. SreeRaghavendra

Jan 18, 2011 13:47
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.