Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PageProvider is confusing id's - bug?

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a custom PageProvider with Create-capabilities. When i rightclick->create on my EntryPoint everything turns out fine - the edit-page is loaded. But if I right click->create on one of my dynamically created pages and i get the error below, since the url following path is called: /ui/Edit/EditPanel.aspx?parent=3&type=96&mode=

------

Page 3 was not found
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: EPiServer.Core.PageNotFoundException: Page 3 was not found

-------

I found out, that if i change the url, manually to /ui/Edit/EditPanel.aspx?parent=3__mycomplexpageid&type=96&mode=

It works. So it seems like EPiServer is forgetting to pass on the complex pagelink of the pageprovider to edit-mode.... Is it a bug or am I overlooking something?

Jun 08, 2009 16:01
Vote:

And it's not fixed in R2 SP2
Jun 09, 2009 11:35
Vote:

Hi Morten,

We recognize this as a bug and we plan to have this fixed in the upcomming R2 SP2 release.

Jun 10, 2009 15:44
Vote:

Me and one of our developers have looked at this and we are not able to reproduce this scenario. We suspect that there is something going on in the pageprovider implementation that delivers PageReferences.

Jun 11, 2009 9:59
Vote:

Hmmm.... Well logically the only conceptual interaction with the tree menu  you have in the pageprovider is the base.ConstructPageReference(int) in the PageProviderBase, right?

We are using X3 as well - maybe they plugin into the treemenu and change something?

Jun 12, 2009 6:14
Vote:

Have to check on the internals of if and how X3 interacts with tree menu.

The GetChildrenReferences implementation of the page provider is another place where I guess things can go wrong (if you for instance don't call back to ConstructPageRereference where the RemoteSite property is set correctly for the PageReference). If there is nothing obvious to find in the implementation, developer support might be able to help you out by looking at your configuration.

Jun 12, 2009 8:02
Vote:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the exact same issue with pageIds not being set correctly in the "Create" dialog...

Oct 12, 2016 7:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.