Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 4.60 Beta 1, have you tried it yet ?

Vote:

Look at the Knowledge Center and click on the Release section for more defails and the Download section for the download. Just the performance improvments is worth the upgrade and not to talk about the new features =) Send any feedback or bugs to beta@support.ep.se as soon as you find them so we do not miss out on anything. If you want to try the multilanguage migration tool drop us a mail and we'll send it to you, we are very interested in feedback on how backwards-compatible we are on this area and if there are special requirements you have that we haven't covered so far.
Feb 18, 2006 11:54
Vote:

How hard is it to migrate 1.1 code to 2.0? I haven't had the time to try it yet.
Feb 20, 2006 12:18
Vote:

I'm testing the Beta 1 right now and are mostly looking at the multilanguage functions, but have problems adding a new language code with a locale that's not already defined. Is there any way of adding a new "Locale" like ar-SA or zh-CN? /René
Feb 20, 2006 16:56
Vote:

The list of locales is based on the known locales in .NET (CultureInfo) and I am guessing this is based on known locales in Windows (if so, it should be possible to add more by installing support for them in Windows).
Feb 20, 2006 20:30
Vote:

I haven't been able to install it yet for some reason, I uninstalled the previous version of EpiServer Manager and installed the new one (EPiServerManagerSetup1.1.1.msi). But 4.60 beta 1 won't show up in the list, and I can't choose to upgrade an existing site either ("This site is already up to date" pops up). I tried to use a new time limited licence too, without any luck :). The EPiServerManager.exe file was last changed 2006-02-13, and the fileversion is 1.1.0.0. I downloaded the installation file from the download center, so i think this might be some kind of über windows bug, if the installation file indeed is the correct one :)
Mar 03, 2006 10:38
Vote:

I managed to install the 4.60 beta using EPiServer Manager 1.1. I do however get some errors when the site opens in my browser: - A "License violation" message. This has never happened before although I have several sites on my developer computer using the same developer license. This is REALLY annoying since the meesage shows in all frames within the EPiServer interface. - When I try to install basic content in the usual way I got an error when I first tried to install Swedish content, but then I tried Englsih content and it worked fine. The error message was: [Formulär - MainXForm] Failed to save form "Adress_change" [Error loading schemas] Also, I was expecting the templates to use ASP.NET 2.0 master pages, yet I don't see any trace of this. Will this be included in the final release of 4.60 or will it be up to the developers to implement master pages?
Mar 03, 2006 16:49
Vote:

You need a developer license to get the 4.60 option in the Manager since it's a beta, but if you drop a mail with the LicenseID of your license to beta@support.ep.se we can ativate beta testing for you on any license.
Mar 04, 2006 9:28
Vote:

The ASP.NET 2.0/Master pages is not installed by default, but go to the download page for 4.60 Beta 1 and you'll find them with full instructions further down on the page: http://www.episerver.com/Downloads/full/Templates4.60.0.126_aspnet_2_0.zip
Mar 04, 2006 9:31
Vote:

Installation to Framework 1.1 works OK, but I can not make the 2.0 work. I have been following instructions, removing templates directory and the webinfo-file from the working 1.1-site. Copying the content of Templates4.60.0.126_aspnet_2_0.zip to my working site, and changing web.config according to instructions. When I start up VS2005 and try to open EPiServerSample.csproj, I get the message: The project type is not supported by this installation. Any idea what is the problem? Are we supposed to convert the site to 2.0 (I assume that the copied files are already converted?)
Mar 06, 2006 10:00
Vote:

You're right, the files are already converted to 2.0. To be able to open the project in VS2005 you need to install a Web Application Project, a plug-in to VS2005. It can be downloaded from http://webproject.scottgu.com. This is documented in the EPiServer_Release_Notes_460_Beta1.pdf document (but easy to miss - I had the same problem... :-) Anna
Mar 06, 2006 10:38
Vote:

Thanks. That took me another step. I assume the mod in web config should replace the current pages-tag. Now I get the following error in web.config in line 194: Line 192: Line 193: Line 194: Line 195: Line 196: (I also get 25 obsolet-warning during compilation, but I assume that is ok?)
Mar 06, 2006 13:11
Vote:

Maria Dahlin, did you manage to get rid of the license violation message? If so, how? It's quite annoying indeed.
Mar 21, 2006 9:59
Vote:

I have the same problem. Any ideas?
Apr 21, 2006 14:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.