Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content type "SysContentFolder" is not allowed to be created under parent of content type "SysRoot

Vote:

var contentRepository = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance();
                var folder = contentRepository.GetBySegment(SiteDefinition.Current.RootPage, name, LanguageSelector.AutoDetect()) as ContentFolder;
                if (folder == null)
                {
                    folder = contentRepository.GetDefault(SiteDefinition.Current.RootPage);
                    folder.Name = name;
                    contentRepository.Save(folder, SaveAction.Publish, AccessLevel.NoAccess);
                }

return folder as ContentFolder;

above code throws exception. I am not able to figure out what is causing the exception?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jun 22, 2017 6:48
Vote:

The exception message actually tells you a fair bit here.

You are trying to create a system content folder under the System root page. This isn't allowed, as you are trying to create a media folder within the pages section of the content tree.  I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but I'll assume you are trying to create a new content folder to store blocks or images in. In which case you should create them either within the Global Assets folder (meaning items are available to all sites in a multi-site scenario) or the Site specific assets folder (for blocks and images limited to a single site)

In your code you need to replace SiteDefinition.Current.RootPage with either:

• SiteDefinition.Current.GlobalAssetsRoot
  • SiteDefinition.Current.SiteAssetsRoot
Jun 22, 2017 11:22
Vote:

Hi Mark,

I have noticed that SysRoot does not allow any custom content folder class under itself. I was able to add ContentFolder and all of my custom folder under content folder.

Cheers

Jun 28, 2017 5:52
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.