Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Urgant - Home Page has been Expired

Vote:

One of our staff have accidentally expired the home page in CMS. As a result the site is off-line and we can't access CMS Admin to rectify the mistake.

We login as both members and Admin via the home page; via a popup login.

What can I do with this; any ideas please?

I do have access to the Commerce Manager but not finding anything to work with there.

Cheers

Apr 09, 2017 4:12
Vote:

Do you get a login page when you go to /cms/edit ?

Apr 09, 2017 4:26
Vote:

Hi Dejan,

Do you mean, http://accessconsciousness.net/en/cms/edit

This times out, as does the domain http://accessconsciousness.net/ (Home page)

Edited, Apr 09, 2017 4:31
Vote:

Sorry, I meant /episerver/cms

I managed to reproduce this on Alloy reference project. It is not possible to log into the edit mode if start page has expired.

Do you have access to SQL Server database?

I used the following query to remove the StopPublish date from the Start page:

UPDATE tblWorkContent SET StopPublish = NULL WHERE Name = 'Start'
UPDATE tblContentLanguage SET StopPublish = NULL WHERE Name = 'Start'

And then I had to restart the application pool because EPiServer caches data.

Edited, Apr 09, 2017 4:49
Vote:

No. I don't have access to the database, but I get what you are proposing; makes sense.

Apr 09, 2017 6:57
Vote:

Update

EPiServer support restored the datbase back to just before the event, and we are back online again.

We lost some work that had been done on the site, but small price to pay.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Apr 09, 2017 7:04
Vote:

Hey Dejan... How did you manage to reproduce the issue? I just tried on two different Alloys (10.0.x and 10.4.x), and I'm not having any issues logging in. I can expire the start page, log out, restart IIS, and log back in to un-expire the start page.

If this is still an issue, I'm also curious if a potential workaround would be to log into admin mode and change the start page of the website to the root. That should (I hope) give you access to the start page so you can un-expire it.

Apr 10, 2017 7:55
Vote:

Hello, I think there is an easy way is to change the root page to another page by editing episerver.config or do it via admin mode then you activate your old homepage again. After that change your config to the homepage.

Apr 14, 2017 17:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.