Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exception in data import

Vote:

Hi,

I am receiving a peculiar exception trying to import an exported episerver data file from one site to another. The sites shares the same sourcecode.

The exception I receive is: Export/import error: Exception: The import destination is under root 'WasteBasket' but export was created from 'Root page' which is not a compatible structure. And it does not mather from where in the structure I export or to where in the structure I import, the exception is consitent.

I've checked the xmlfiles in the exported episerverdata and as far as I can see they look alright. I also decomplied the code throwing the exception but can't really see what might be causing the error.

Full exception:

10.5.3 Export/import error: Exception: The import destination is under root 'WasteBasket' but export was created from 'Root page' which is not a compatible structure\r\nEPiServer.Core.EPiServerException: The import destination is under root 'WasteBasket' but export was created from 'Root page' which is not a compatible structure\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ValidateDestination(XmlTextReader reader)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportStream(ZipPackage package, XmlTextReader reader, String partName)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportPartOfPackage(ZipPackage package, String partName)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportRaw(ZipPackage package)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.Import()",
"Exception": "EPiServer.Core.EPiServerException: The import destination is under root 'WasteBasket' but export was created from 'Root page' which is not a compatible structure\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ValidateDestination(XmlTextReader reader)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportStream(ZipPackage package, XmlTextReader reader, String partName)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportPartOfPackage(ZipPackage package, String partName)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.ImportRaw(ZipPackage package)\r\n at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.DefaultDataImporter.Import()

Has somebody else had this problem? Or do you have any pointers for how to solve this?

Mar 22, 2017 11:20
Vote:

Check the content IDs for the waste basket and root page in both environments, if they differ try and modify the root page id in the xmlfiles to match the environment you are importing to.

Just a shot in the dark wink

Mar 22, 2017 15:07
Vote:

Do you get the error in the actual import or when you click "Upload and verify File"? There is a known issue taht "Upload and verify File" fails with that message. Hopefully a version with a fix for that will be available soon.

Mar 23, 2017 13:03
Vote:

Interesting!

It was the "Upload and verify File" which was throwing the exception. I have not been able to run the exact same import using the "real import" but when trying the procedure but between other environments everything seems to work.

Thank you Johan!

Mar 24, 2017 10:18
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.