Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver forms - share form elements

Vote:

Hi,

Is it possible to create a standalone form element that is stored in a folder that can be dragged and dropped into several forms?

We have a lot of forms that use fields such as FirstName, LastName, Email, PostCode, all with the same text and validation. Currently, we have to repeat the steps for creating the same element in each and every form we have. 

Any help / recommendation would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Nicola

Mar 17, 2017 4:00
Vote:

I've not tried but it should be possible. Select the form you want > Blocks tab > "For this form" folder > Move the form element out into a shared folder and reuse as you wish.

David

Mar 18, 2017 0:57
Vote:

Thanks for the reply David. That's the feature I have been looking for but unfortunately there's no way currently to move form elements from a form to another folder. You also can't currently create a standalone form element inside a shared folder like how you can for blocks.

Mar 20, 2017 4:07
Vote:

Hi

I've just tried it and the following should work:

• Browse to the form you want to share elements from
  • Click the blocks tab
  • Scroll down and find the "For this form" folder
  • Pick the form field you want to share and move it into one of the block folders (maybe a new folder called "Shared form elements"
  • Create a new form
  • Browse to the blocks tab
  • Drag the form element from that folder

David

Edited, Mar 20, 2017 13:20
Vote:

Also this is a picture of the sharing form elements in action:

Mar 20, 2017 14:06
Vote:

Thank you David! I didn't realise there a "For this form" folder under the Blocks tab. Working now :)

Mar 20, 2017 23:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.