Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

using XForm to send email to the mail in input field

Vote:

I am using XForms to create a "contact us" form on a site. One of the fields is a "email" field, and I would like to send a confirmation with some additional information to that email when the form is submitted. Is that something that can be done?

Oct 21, 2016 14:18
Vote:

Yep. XForms raises a number of events which can be tied in to, allowing you to perform custom actions such as sending an email to the person submitting the form. As I recall, there's an example in alloy in global.asax.cs.

To send an email after the form's been successfully posted, you can tie in to the AfterSubmitPostedData event.

Oct 21, 2016 14:38
Vote:

Hello Alfred

If you have the choice you are better off using the new Episerver Forms module: http://world.episerver.com/add-ons/episerver-forms/

The ability to send a confirmation to a person's email is out the box with the new forms module.

David

Oct 21, 2016 18:25
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.