Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Widget development

Vote:

Hi,

I am enhanching Commerce Catalg UI. and creating a gadget. If some thing goes wrong in script or I update something, It doesnot reflect my latest changes in script.

What I will require to do to get always latest changes in Dojo/Dijit Script? (It looks every thing gets cached)

E.g.

define([
"dojo/_base/declare",
"dijit/_WidgetBase",
"dijit/_TemplatedMixin",
"epi/_ContentContextMixin"
]

path for _ContentContextMixin is wrong. Now there is no way to remove gadget from UI, as screen will blank always.

Or change 

contextChanged: function (context, callerData) {
alert("Context changed" + context.Name);
}

to

contextChanged: function (context, callerData) {
//something else
}

Regards

Khurram

Sep 30, 2015 9:51
Vote:

Hi,

Dojo script are strongly cached. If you need get files updated every time you refreshed the page, then open chrome Developer Toolbar (F12) and on Network tab mark "Disable cache" checkbox. Notice that the tool have to be opened for all the time. The alternative is to use some chrome extension like "Cache killer".

I hink that path to _ContentContextMixin should be "epi/shell/_ContextMixin" instead of "epi/_ContentContextMixin"

If your gadet break edit mode for user,then  you could try to reset user settings in admin mode. The gadget should be removed from personal settings.

Sep 30, 2015 10:14
Vote:

Thanks  Grzegorz, My issue is sorted. (I will mark your sugestion as Answered)
Do you have some other development setup related tips that you faced intiallay when started development in this area? 

Regards

/K

Sep 30, 2015 10:22
Vote:

It's also very helpfull to turn on debug mode of client resources (I don't know if you already did it)

<episerver.framework>
    <clientResources debug="true" />
Sep 30, 2015 10:33
Vote:

Done, :) , Next...

Sep 30, 2015 10:36
Vote:

Sep 30, 2015 12:24
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.