Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ContentLink empty after creating a page

Vote:

Hi,

This is the scenario I have:

- I am creating and publishing a page through code, in brief:

var newPage = _contentRepository.GetDefault(destination.ContentLink, someid);
newPage.PageName = "some pagename";
_contentRepository.Save(newPage, SaveAction.Publish, AccessLevel.NoAccess);

- I am subscribed to PublishingContent event, but the e.ContentLink and e.Content.ContentLink of the newly created page is an empty reference (ID is null).

When I save the page first, then publish it, these are not empty any longer:

_contentRepository.Save(newPage, SaveAction.Save, AccessLevel.NoAccess);
            _contentRepository.Save(newPage, SaveAction.Publish, AccessLevel.NoAccess);

What flag do I need to use to avoid having two save actions, anyone knows?

BR,

Marija

Jul 24, 2015 10:18
Vote:

Hi,

Maybe the PublishingContent is too early event for new pages and you could use PublishedContent event instead.

It looks like the PublishingContent event is raised before content save. And I think that after you saved the page in PublishingContent event you have access to previously saved page.

Jul 24, 2015 10:47
Vote:

Hi, 

Thx for the answer, but in this case, I would need to publish the page again to save a value, so it's the same extra save.

I thought I could use a combination of actions in the event to have this value saved.

I might consider subscribing to Saving event instead. // update - that didn't help either, for now I have two actions Save, then Publish. If anyone knows a better solution, let me know.

BR,

Marija

Edited, Jul 24, 2015 10:50
Vote:

As you already know, the main differences of the -ING and -ED are

SavING and publishING means that it's about to get stored in the database (unless already stored previously) and don't have an ID yet.

SavED and publishED means that it has been saved and has received an ID.

So the main question is, what do you want to do with your content and the ID?

Jul 27, 2015 13:15
Vote:

My trouble is not -ING vs -ED, it's the fact that Publishing gets called before Saved.

If I do stuff in published, that's the same as saving twice. Maybe that's fine, but I wanted to know if there is a better way.

Jul 27, 2015 13:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.