Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Extremely annoying error when debugging a EPiServer site

Vote:

When I debug a EPiServer site (can be a big on, or a simple Alloy, appear in both) I pretty often get this error:

Compiler Error Message: CS0042: Unexpected error creating debug information file 'c:\Users\henrikf\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\48cc1a09\924c59a0\App_Code.PDB' -- 'c:\Users\henrikf\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\48cc1a09\924c59a0\App_Code.pdb: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This often happens if I for example do a change in a view and then try to see the change without stopping the debugger.

I have never seen this when developing clean websites without EPiServer so I am thinking that it can have something to do with EPiServer.

Anyone know more about this?

May 26, 2015 8:41
Vote:

Hello Henrik

I have never experienced this error. However one of the first tasks I normally do is attach my site to IIS rather than use IIS Express. From your temp file path I am guessing you are using IIS Express? Do you get the same error when running on local IIS (If my guess was right ;)!).

David

May 26, 2015 21:48
Vote:

Hello David

it is true that I use IIS Express.

I use it mostly because it is easier than use IIS since it does not require me to start Visual Studio as an administrator and it also does not require a license file.

I will try using the local IIS instead and see if it goes away

May 27, 2015 7:02
Vote:

Does it help if you remove optimizeCompilations="true" from web.config?

May 27, 2015 8:49
Vote:

I've seen this while debuging non-EPiServer sites. So I speculate that it may be Asp.Net related and not EPiServer..

May 30, 2015 20:45
Vote:

Ok, thanks Valdis, I have not done that but I have probably not debug so many other sistes like you have.

But is is good, since it is more likely that someone else has found out what's causing it.

May 30, 2015 22:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.