Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I get the reason of failing after XForm submit

Vote:

I get the XFormFailedActionResult from ViewData["XFormActionResult"] and I hit the public ActionResult Failed(XFormPostedData data), but I can't find the error description/message.

Maybe I am overseeing sth. Anyone knows?

Jun 23, 2014 13:38
Vote:

If you are interested in knowing the Error only, then Changing the log level setting to <level value="All" /> in EPiServerLog.config may help you.

/K

Jun 23, 2014 14:37
Vote:

Thx, this is enough for me at this point. Would be nice to be able to get the info from code as well.

Btw, no need to change to value="All", it gets logged with Error as well.

Jun 23, 2014 14:49
Vote:

Hi,

Did you find out how to trap the validation error or the reason behind the failed submit of an XForm?

I have a form where if the radio buttons on the form are untouched, the Success() gets fired. However, if any of the radio buttons has been changed, the Failed() gets fired. I don't know however where to find the error via code. I'd like to trap this so I can display the error in the form and for me to fix the issue I am unsure of at the moment.

Thanks

Apr 19, 2015 12:25
Vote:

Has a way to get hold of the error message from a failed XForm submission been found?

I too can't seem to find the information in the XFormPostedData object or the ViewData["XFormActionResult"].

Anyone know where you can get hold of this information?

Thanks,

Aaron

Jun 24, 2015 13:45
Vote:

If there is a validation error, it is in the ModelState. Otherwise it also might be a SMTP configuration issue.

Jun 26, 2015 8:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.