Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Warnings about not finding PropertyWebPart

Vote:

I notised that we get a lot of warnings in our logs that looks like this:

EPiServer.DataAbstraction.PropertyDefinitionType.get_DefinitionType: Could not load type 'EPiServer.WebParts.Core.PropertyWebPart', falling back to base type instead

When I looked in the database I didn't find any contenttypes that use this property so it must be inside EPiServer in some way.

Anyone know how to get rid of these warnings?

Apr 08, 2014 12:44
Vote:

I cant remember PropertyWebPart, probably it was removed some versions ago. I guess you have an upgraded site?

If you go into admin mode and select "Edit Custom Property Types" on tab Config, do you see any entry with Class name 'EPiServer.WebParts.Core.PropertyWebPart'. If you do try to remove it.

I am not sure if you will be able to delete it from UI, if not you could try delete it from tblPropertyDefinitionType (dont do it directly on production server though....;-))

Apr 08, 2014 14:38
Vote:

That was what I thought.
I couldn't remove it from the UI, will try the database, thanks

Apr 08, 2014 14:59
Vote:

Here's the sql for removal

USE YourDB;

delete from tblPropertyDefinitionType 
where TypeName = 'EPiServer.WebParts.Core.PropertyWebPart';

May 01, 2014 3:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.