Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Subscriptions in 7.5?

Vote:

We have a old site that are using subscriptions and I can't find any documentation on how to do it in 7.5. Is it supported?
The latest info on it I can find is this:
http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-5/EPiServer-CMS-SP2/Configuring-Subscription-in-EPiServer-CMS-5/

Apr 17, 2014 9:10
Vote:

I don't hear about it in a long time when develop EPiServer CMS 7, 7.5, seem to be it's no longer supported!?

But in the nearly future (in the next release? I don't know extractly), the Content Collaboration add-ons can take care about it!

For sure thing!

//Ha Bui

Apr 17, 2014 16:07
Vote:

Thanks Habu, then I have to wait a little then ;)

Apr 17, 2014 16:53
Vote:

Hi Henrik,

I made miss-understanding situation here. So as far as I know:

1. Subscriptions is obsoleted in 7.5 (after confirmed with Linus)

2. Content Collaboration is in another aspect so too early to say it can (or can not) replace Subscriptions (actually it's out of my vission).

So sorry for my mistake!

// HaBui

Edited, Apr 23, 2014 10:45
Vote:

It's ok habu.
I will check with the customer how urgent this is, if it's urgent I have to develop a solution by myself.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2014 11:13
Vote:

Just to clarify to anyone reading this thread. Subscriptions are obsoleted in EPiServer 7.5. This means that they are still working as before for upgraded sites but we don't recommend using this for new development as this implementation will be removed in the future. It might be that we add another implementation to support this but it's nothing that is currently planned.

Apr 23, 2014 12:28
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.