Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Personalization.Providers.MaxMind.GeolocationProvider in 7.5?

Vote:

I have just upgraded a site to 7.5 where we are using this and I notised that the databasefile reference back to program files and 7.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Framework\7.0.859.1\Geolocation\GeoLiteCity.dat

Is this function gone in 7.5?

Feb 05, 2014 10:10
Vote:

The GeoLiteCity.dat file has been moved to the AppData folder, so you should set the path to:

<add name="maxmind" type="EPiServer.Personalization.Providers.MaxMind.GeolocationProvider, EPiServer.ApplicationModules" databaseFileName="[appDataPath]\Geolocation\GeoLiteCity.dat" />

If the Geolocation folder doesn't exist you can just create it and copy the GeoLiteCity.dat file from the "Program Files..." folder.

Feb 05, 2014 19:17
Vote:

Thanks, I thougth it was like that but was confused when there were nothing to be found under AppData

Feb 10, 2014 7:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.