Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Need of modulesbin folder in 7.14?

Vote:

When creating a new site with the plugin for visual studio this folder is empty but when creating from deployment center and then upgrade the solution it is not. I have tried to remove the files in this folder and it works great for the regular EPiServer Site.

But! I found out that EPiServer CMO 7.5 does not work without having the 7.5 files in that folder so I had to put them back.

Are there any more times these files are needed?

Oct 03, 2014 8:53
Vote:

Which "files" are you referring to that have to be in the modulesbin? If you do an install through deployment center and upgrade, you are recommended to move your modules as suggested in this blog post:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Khurram-Hanif/Dates/2014/3/EPiServer-76-Protected-Site-Add-Ons-location/

Oct 03, 2014 9:24
Vote:

Thanks for the link, it explains a lot

The files I need in modulesbin for CMO to work is EPiServer.Packaging.CmdAPI.dll, EPiServer.POackaging.dll, EPiServer.Packaging.UI.dll and NuGet.Core.Dll

For CMO I also need the CMO and LiveMonitor folder to be in the old Modules-folder in the appdata-folder

Oct 03, 2014 9:55
Vote:

Both the Framework, CMS and Packaging UI:s are moved from modulesbin to bin in the 7.6 upgrade since they were chaned from being add-ons to regular NUGET-packages.

Oct 03, 2014 10:01
Vote:

Do you think I will get any problems having them in the modulesbin so I can get CMO to work?

Oct 03, 2014 10:09
Vote:

These files should be located in the regular bin-folder after upgrading to EPiServer 7.6. What issues are you having if you have them there but not in modulesbin?

Oct 03, 2014 10:12
Vote:

Ok, I compared now with a Alloy project and in my projects I did not have these files in the bin folder so when looking in the Alloy I noticed that it had two packages that I did not have, Add-on store plattform and Add-on store UI. I will try to add these to my solution and see if those files will be added then

Oct 03, 2014 10:21
Vote:

This did solve my problem with CMO, after adding those packages I could remove the files from modulesbin, good to know.

Thanks

Oct 03, 2014 10:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.