Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page type: Page

Vote:

Here is a question regarding the page type Page.

I have created a webpage structure with the possibility to create galleries. Each gallery contain one or more pictures. Each picture is page and I have added the option to point this image to another Page. In this case my user wants to take this image and show it on a specific event in a calendar. The event is also a page.

Now the question. When I have added information to the page type Page on the Image page (pointed to a spcific event in a calendar), can I on the calendar site get what other pages that links to it?

I have tried to do something like this:

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference((string)e.CommandArgument)

PageData page = GetPage(pageRef);

I have looked in the page object but have not found and that can help me found what other pages that are linking to this one.

If this approach is possible I am grateful for assistence or even better solutions (if any) ;-)

Best regards, Magnus

Jan 30, 2009 14:25
Vote:

The PageData object doesn't hold any info about pages that are liking to the page. I think you'll have to use FindPagesWithCriteria() in the calendar template to fetch linking pages.

Another way to do it would be to add a reference from the event to the page to fetch the image from, but perhaps that would mean more work for the editors.

A third way would be to build a custom property that on save, fetches the linked event page, and saves a link back to the page with the image (as well as saving the link to the event page on the current page).

Feb 02, 2009 10:51
Vote:

Thanks for the reply.

Solved it by letting the editor choose images on the event page, by adding images in a Link Collection.

BR, Magnus

Feb 04, 2009 8:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.