Order management (Legacy)
The Order Management system includes several features to meet your implementation needs:
- Full system API. Multiple shopping carts per customer.
- Incorporate custom shipping and payment gateways or one of the providers included with ECF.
- Add your own tax provider to the checkout process.
- Support for recurring/subscription payments.
- Management of different types of customer addresses.
- Extension of order classes to contain custom data needed for your system.
The core API for checkout and orders is located in the Mediachase.Commerce.Orders namespace.
- OrderContext is a singleton class that retrieves and updates orders through OrderContext.Current.
- The OrderContext.Current object provides access to most of what you need to retrieve or update orders. The objects returned reflect the object hierarchy. (Note: DTOs are much less common in the order system.)
- To save data with order objects, call the AcceptChanges() method. It is common to Order and Profile objects.
- Ancillary classes to retrieve order-related information are in BusinessLayer/CommerceLib/Orders/Managers.
- The meta-classes used by different objects in the order system (for instance Cart, LineItem, ShippingAddress, and so on) are defined in the ecf.order.config file (both back-end and front-end).