This topic describes the requirements for cloud-compatible software, tools and services used when working with Episerver Digital Experience Cloud Service. This information is useful to ensure that your development environment will be compatible with the deployment process and the Azure resources.
Previous knowledge of cloud-based development and Microsoft Azure in particular, is valuable in order to get the most out of DXC Service, see Microsoft Azure to learn more.
Note: You can only run one Web Application (ASP.NET Web Application project) in your DXC Service solution, however you can have unlimited number of sites in that application.
Note: To ensure maximum availability and scaling flexibility, Episerver Find uses dynamic IP ranges. If you for example require whitelisting of IP addresses in the firewall, make sure that your firewall supports domain-based whitelisting.
Required software versions
See the following overview of minimum required versions for Episerver products and modules, as well as for tools and services for deploying to the Integration environment. See Installing Episerver updates for information about upgrading Episerver solutions.
|Episerver CMS||EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 8.4.0, EPiServer.CMS.Core 8.8.2|
|Episerver Find||EPiServer.Find 9.4.0|
|Episerver Commerce||EPiServer.Commerce 8.14.0|
|Microsoft Visual Studio||2012||For creating and deploying sites.|
|Episerver CMS Visual Studio extension||22.214.171.124||For creating and deploying sites.|
|Microsoft SQL Database||12||For creating bacpac files for database transfers.|
|Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio||12.0.4213.0 (2014 SP1)||For creating bacpac files for database transfers.|
The following features are not supported within Episerver DXC Service:
- Episerver Mirroring
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
- Episerver Search (default search; uninstall the NuGet package to remove from your solution prior to deployment. Episerver Find is included.)
You can deploy either using deployment tools for a version controlled team development environment, or through Visual Studio using the Episerver extensions and publish profiles. You can use any deployment tool that supports Azure Resource Manager (ARM), see Deploying code changes for more information.
Note: You must install add-on modules to the Integration environment through Visual Studio to work with the DXC Service deployment process. Do not change the default configuration that disables users from installing to production.
- Episerver Find
- Episerver Content Collaboration
- Google Analytics for Episerver
- Episerver Languages
- Episerver Live Monitor
- Episerver Publish from Office
- Episerver Social Reach
- Episerver Spellchecker for TinyMCE
- Episerver Visitor Groups Criteria Pack
- SEO Manager
- Site Attention
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for SharePoint
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for CRM-Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for CRM-Salesforce
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Eloqua
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-ExactTarget
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-HubSpot
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Marketo
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Pardot
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Silverpop
The following add-ons are not supported in Episerver DXC Service.
- Episerver CMO
- Episerver Mail
- Episerver Relate
- Episerver Search
- Episerver Social CMS
- Episerver Social Commerce
- Episerver Social Intranet