This topic describes the onboarding procedure and how to get started with Episerver DXC Service. Onboarding includes provisioning the environments included in your order, as well as providing the information and credentials needed to deploy your websites to the cloud environment.
Note: Previous knowledge of cloud-based development, and Microsoft Azure in particular, is valuable to get the most out of Digital Experience Cloud Service. See Microsoft Azure to learn more.
When your order is provisioned and activated, you will receive information on how to access the environments, how to contact support, and where to find more information.
Deployment and access information
The technical contact associated with your order receives an email with the following information:
- Default URLs for each of the environments included in your order.
- Publish profile for Visual Studio, to be used when deploying to the Integration environment. A publish profile contains settings for publishing targets, databases to deploy, and other configurations.
- Login credentials needed to log in to the Episerver environments.
- Contact information for support from Episerver.
After receiving this information, you are ready to deploy your websites. Before you start, ensure that you are using compatible versions of software, services and tools for a smooth deployment procedure.
To access the Azure portal for monitoring your subscription, you need a Microsoft account. When you have this, you can contact Episerver to get access to the Azure portal.
See below for an applicable scenario for your website project.
- I want to create a new site based on the Episerver CMS sample templates, and start development using Digital Experience Cloud Service. See Creating a new CMS site and deploying.
- I have an existing Episerver CMS site which I want to move to Digital Experience Cloud Service, and continue to develop it using this service. See Deploying an existing CMS site.
- I want to create a new site with Episerver Commerce, and start development using Digital Experience Cloud Service. See Creating a new Commerce site and deploying.
- I have an existing Episerver Commerce site which I want to move to Digital Experience Cloud Service, and continue to develop it using this service. See Deploying an existing Commerce site.
- I am already using Digital Experience Cloud Service, and have an existing site for which I want to deploy upgrades. See Deploying code changes.