Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem in exporting files

Vote:

Dear All,

I am using Episerver 5.2 version. I have a bit complicated scenario, hoping someone helps.

I have a staging server and development server. Now On my staging server, client is constantly adding data, new files, delete files.
On the other hand, i am continuing my development on local server. At the end, when ihave to implement the changes, i normally create scripts for pagetemplates, and for new pages.

In this recent development, i have to upload say 100 files on my  local epi-server to use in a slideshow pro. Files are in diferent folders also. Problem i am facing, when i am trying to replica those folders and file on my staging site, I have to go and select file one by one through Export data utility - export files in episerver-admin. There are 100 files, and to select each file one by one is quite difficult. Can anyone suggest a better way of export physical files. (These are images, xml and flash files). I can not over write VPP folder as now client has modified VPP on staging area. Please if someone comments. Many thanks.

Jan 12, 2010 12:42
Vote:

That's a mess. You could always setup webdav (http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-5/EPiServer-CMS-SP2/WebDAV-in-EPiServer-CMS-5/), then you can access it all with windows explorer and copy paste between the servers with that.

Jan 12, 2010 14:08
Vote:

I have done the same. however the files losing the File summary. How to get the file meta data as well when export the VPP files?

Apr 24, 2014 16:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.