Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can not display favicon for EPiServer 4.61.083

Vote:

We have UNsuccessfully tried to display a favicon.ico file for three seperate EPiServer 4.61.083-based sites. Two local and one live. In the head this is the standard: ... and the favicon.ico is located in the site root. Testing a simple HTML web page, a WebSite Project, as well as a Web Application project hosted in IIS has NO difficulties with displaying the icon, just our EPiServer-based sites. Any Ideas?
Mar 08, 2007 12:55
Vote:

We have a 4.61.083 site that has the statment that works OK. See http://www.cumbriacruise.co.uk - I have noticed that IE doesn't always show the favicon, but FireFox is OK - have you checked your sites with FireFox? /Mark
Mar 08, 2007 15:03
Vote:

Yes, I should have mentioned that it does display in Firefox - no matter how the page is hosted. Its just when the page is loaded in IE 6 & 7, when hosted on EPiServer 4.61.083, that the icon does not display. Hosting in a normal web site or web application project, the icon is displayed as expected. I could just say, "well it must be an IE thing", but the tests tell a different story.
Mar 09, 2007 8:35
Vote:

Favourite icon is displaying. But when we are in edit mode it is not showing. Why ?

Any one has idea on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 31, 2012 7:58
Vote:

It's not displaying because you can't configure wich icon to use by EPiServer.

In the public templates it's up to you to have the correct markup and deliver the icon.

Aug 31, 2012 9:52
Vote:

One way is to name your icon favicon.ico and put it in the root of the webpage, some browsers will pick it up then.

Edited, Aug 31, 2012 9:53
Vote:

ok. Thanks for your reply Johan. But IE,Firefox,Chrom,Safari are not displaying fav icon in edit mode. Every browser is displaying in public mode only. But when i am in edit mode in live url then it is showing fav icon with color change.

Aug 31, 2012 11:08
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.