Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Filter/group by market in order overview

Vote:

Is there a possibility to filter/group orders in the Order management by which market it was sold in? Possibly beside the "Today" and "This week" style options.

I know this entire commerce manager thing is getting a complete revamp, but if there's something that can be done until that's done, it would be great.

And for the new interface that shall cover the same function: Let there be filtering on market.

Sep 02, 2014 9:45
Vote:

I found 2 options for filtering orders with current market:

- Using FindPurchaseOrders API:

OrderSearchOptions searchOptions = new OrderSearchOptions();

OrderSearchParameters parameters = new OrderSearchParameters();

parameters.SqlWhereClause = String.Format("MarketId = '{0}'", ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance().GetCurrentMarket().MarketId.ToString());
PurchaseOrder[] purchaseOrderCollection = OrderContext.Current.FindPurchaseOrders(parameters, searchOptions);

- Get all purchase orders then filtering by comparing MarketId:

var orders = OrderContext.Current.GetPurchaseOrders(SecurityContext.Current.CurrentUserId)
.Where( p => p.MarketId.Equals(ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance().GetCurrentMarket().MarketId))
.ToArray();

Hope this help.

Edited, Sep 04, 2014 13:34
Vote:

Filtering orders by current market by itself is not the problem. I was looking for a simple (non-code) solution to filter by market in the order management inside the Commerce Manager out of the box.

Sep 09, 2014 13:59
Vote:

I''m just gonna be bumping this up, as the lack of this will make order management of our current client a total nightmare. When dealing with multiple countries, and all orders in one huge list....yes. That should be it all.

What are the plans for the future for this part of things? I'm guessing it'll be integrated in the EPiServer GUI at some point. And when/if that happens, it should be a nice big "Filter by market"-button somewhere.

Oct 16, 2014 9:09
Vote:

No - sorry - there is no out of box support for filter by market in Order management yet. I believe this is customizable, as you can add menus and views to Commerce Manager, but it's sure not simple/no code solution.

Yes, I think it's a nice feature to have - we will definitely consider filtering by market when we implement order management in new Catalog UI.

Regards.

/Q

Oct 16, 2014 9:18
Vote:

In a meeting with a customer today, another related and very good suggestion came up:

When this is implemented in some new view, there should be some way of tweaking its looks. For example UIDescriptors or the like, that can modify things like:

• The color of each line (or maybe just the CSS class, so we can add our own stylesheets). Can be very handy to separate different types of orders (based on our own criteria, stuff we store on the OrderForm/OrderGroup) or the like
  • Possibly defining what columns that should be displayed (To some sites, the warehouse to deliver from is very important. In others, the market might be)
  • As mentioned in this post: Filtering the list by market. And in addition maybe group/filter by currency, total value.
  • (Or if not filtering in this way, maybe a super easy way to create our own filters like "Today", "This week" in todays commerce manager. So we can create our own views very easily).
Oct 22, 2014 23:16
Vote:

Is there a guide or some documentation on how to create these new views? The Apps-folder under the commerce manager is just full of magic template files.

The order manager as it is at the moment is completely unusable for our customer, and it's just a growing problem every day.

Nov 10, 2014 10:20
Vote:

You can add another menu beside "Today", "This week" menus by adding another item to Apps\Order\Config\View\Navigation\LeftMenu.xml, and implement a customized order list for market filter feature. The default implementation is Apps\Order\OrderList.ascx.

Nov 11, 2014 4:10
Vote:

Still doesn't seem like a realistically doable task without decompiling the manager, making the necessary changes, and compiling my own version of i though.

Seems simple enough to add the necessary menu items for it, but actually hooking up the logic probably happens in code behind (as it should). I'm guessing I need to modify the DataSource set in  the core:EcfListViewControl control...

Jan 19, 2015 10:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.