Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error installing EPiServer Commerce 7.5

Vote:

Hi,

when I try to install EPiServer Commerce 7.5.394.2 from the deployment center, I get an error message during install:

"Error - Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert außerhalb des gültigen Bereichs."

It means that during the conversion of a varchar-Datatype into a datetime-Datatype the value is outside of the allowed area....

I run Windows 8.1, IIS and SQL Server 2012 Express with Advanced Services 64 bit.

Does someone has an idea?

Thorsten

Dec 28, 2013 15:14
Vote:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. Please send us your install log for further investigation. You can find the install log in C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Install\Logs. We will look into this and get back to you ASAP.

In the meanwhile, I suggest to check that the user you used for installation has default Language as English (in SQL Server Management Studio, Security/Logins => Properties => General => Default Language). If not, please switch it to English or create a new user to see if the problem is fixed.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Dec 30, 2013 2:44
Vote:

Hi Quan Mai,

I found the solution - I had to set the language in SQL Server Management Studio of the user that creates the Commerce-DB to 'English' before starting the installation.

Now it works, but I have another problem.

After installling of EPiServer Commerce, I am unable to login into both, CMS and Commerce: "Login failed"

Directly before the installation of Commerce, the CMS login worked.

And no doubt - Username and Password are correct :-)

Any ideas ?

Thorsten

Jan 01, 2014 17:47
Vote:

Hi,

CMS uses Multiplex membership provider as default, which itself contains WindowsMembershipProvider which allow you to use your AD account. Installation of Commerce will change default membership provider to eCF Membership provider, which has admin/store as the default username/password.

Regards,

/Q

Jan 02, 2014 2:46
Vote:

Hi,

thank you for this information.

I will write a german blogpost on http://thorstenhoffmann.com about the installation problem and the solution with Commerce 7.5 on german systems.

Regards,

Thorsten

Jan 02, 2014 12:38
Vote:

Here is my article (German) about the installation problem of EPiServer Commerce 7.5:

http://thorstenhoffmann.com/2014/01/03/episerver-commerce-7-5-fehler-bei-der-installation/

Thorsten

Jan 03, 2014 15:03
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.