Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

High memory usage when running website in iis 64 bit

Vote:

I have been recently trying to diagnose why my EPiServer website is using a lot of memory. On a fresh application start and having navigated the site a little, the w3wp.exe process can be consuming up to 350mb of memory! This is much higher than other EPiServer websites I have written where it’s rare to see 200mb of memory used. The performance of the application in the admin and to website visitors is normal.

The specification of the webserver is:
• MS Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) SP1
• IIS 7.5
• 2 GB Ram

After much poking around with code and ensuring I wasn’t doing anything crazy, I spotted that previous versions of the same application on the same server where running in a 32 bit mode in IIS. These where using much less memory ( < 100mb ) and on changing the application pool to 32 bit, the memory consumption is now at a maximum of 120mb.

I’d be interested to know if anybody has seen the same behaviour with EPiServer websites before? I’m using only a few 3rd party assemblies in the website (Recaptcha and HtmlAgilityPack).

Adam

Oct 01, 2012 16:52
Vote:

350 is not a high number in my opinion.

How many EPi pages are there?

You could add a test Web Form and print the Cache.Count and/or Cache items to see how much is in there.

Oct 11, 2012 10:24
Vote:

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this? It would be very nice to here your story...

/R

Apr 30, 2013 16:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.