Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Redirect Gadget on EPi 7.5

Vote:

Hi

This package (https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/wiki/404Handler) includes a module called Custom Redirect Gadget. But I can't get it to show up in EPiServer 7.5. Any suggestions?

/Kalle

Sep 03, 2014 10:53
Vote:

Hi Kalle,

Belive we run the same module with out any issues. What errors are you getting?

/Petter

Sep 03, 2014 11:27
Vote:

Hi

It doesn't show up in the list of Gadgets when choosing "Add Gadget".

/Kalle

Sep 04, 2014 10:00
Vote:

How did you install the module?

And if you put your logging to debug and do a first request to the site are there any errors from the BVNetwork namespace?

Sep 04, 2014 14:39
Vote:

Hi Karl, 

Did you get this running in the end? I am having issues with the gadget after an uprade to 7.5.

When attempting to save a new value, I am returned:

ERROR [76] EPiServer.Global.Global_Error - 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BVNetwork.FileNotFound.RedirectGadget.Controllers.RedirectController.SaveRedirect(String oldUrl, String newUrl, String skipWildCardAppend)
   at BVNetwork.FileNotFound.RedirectGadget.Controllers.RedirectController.Save(String oldUrl, String newUrl, String skipWildCardAppend, Nullable`1 pageNumber, Nullable`1 pageSize)
   at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
   at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.ProcessController(IController controller)
   at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Oct 31, 2014 0:37
Vote:

Hi Bevan,

Did you find a solution to your issue? I'm stuck with the same error.

Thanks!

Dec 03, 2014 10:34
Vote:

Mikael, I found we had some UrlRewrite rules that were redirecting requests for the redirect gadget. 

We just made sure the rule didn't run when {REQUEST_URI} contained "BVNetwork.FileNotFound.RedirectGadget"

Apr 16, 2015 2:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.