The newest version of the EPiServer solution, R2, provides exciting capabilities that work across the solution platform. We have assembled the core components that provide the 4 C’s - content with EPiServer CMS, commerce with EPiServer Commerce, community with EPiServer Relate and communication with EPiServer Marketing Arena. By releasing all components at the same time, we can ensure smooth interoperability that will give better online results to our partners and customers.
We’ve included powerful content personalization features in the R2 release, which demonstrates that the personalization of web content is no longer unique to high-end sites eCommerce sites or news/media sites, and shouldn’t have to require technical skills to configure and use. We’ve heard from our customers that they have the potential to boost engagement and conversion by offering personalized content to visitors anywhere across their site. Personalization has combined across content, community, commerce, and communication allowing marketers and edtors to deliver targeted and personalized messages on websites, commerce sites, and online communities based on users’ demographic information and online behavior.
Maybe a prospect in New York browsed your products. Why not offer him a contact form to the local sales office for more information? Or, perhaps a visitor viewed a product page 3 times. You now have the ability to offer them a discount on the spot to entice purchase of the viewed product. EPiServer makes these types of activities highly intuitive and easy.
The R2 version of the EPiServer platform allows unique and relevant content to be served to visitor groups based on virtual roles, such as potential or current customers, new or returning visitors, press, influencer/analyst, job seekers, and others created and customized by the user.
Marketers and content editors can use EPiServer to automate content delivery to target segments and move them further down the sales funnel, surface content that a visitor might otherwise not seek out, and identify high profit customers and make them more profitable.
The new versions of EPiServer CMS, Composer, Relate, and Commerce are designed for use by marketers and editors to:
- easily define visitor groups to set personalized content criteria, as well as target various demographics depending on geography, background and interests.
- edit content directly on the targeted site without going through IT or Web developers.
- create defined personas for visitors to identify interests and promotional categories.
- enable dynamic content preview for full time editors, as well as drop down list for editors to manipulate content on specific areas.
- enhance editor experience by marking where personalized content exists on the site to easily manage changes.
- track visitor group activity on the site with metrics included in the OnlineCenter dashboard.
In addition to personalization, we’ve added some great new capabilities for developers, marketers, editors, and eCommerce managers. Read more about the products included in the R2 release in the following articles.
Note that the membership on EPiServer World is required to download the following products. Register on EPiServer World.